NZDF Ammunition Igloo Civil Works No 1
This project in 2014 – 2015 for the New Zealand Defence Force entailed Civil Works for enabling new Ammunition Igloos being built at an NZDF Base. Stage 1 involved earthworks and 380 m of 7m wide access road completed in just 3 weeks. Stage 2 involved igloo filling, concrete paving slabs and completion of the service road...
NZDF Ammunition Igloo Civil Works No 2
This 2015-2016 Project was the second for the New Zealand Defence Force, gained on the strength of our successful project for them in 2014. This one involved the complete Civil works to augment the erection of two large Ammunition Igloos and the access roads to same. This project included ; some 25,000m3 of earthworks including a cutting up to 17m deep; the Supply and placement of upwards of 4000m3 crushed aggregate pavement and Building foundation; Specialist building and rock batter foundation work...
State Highway 36 Oropi Gorge Rd Emergency Slip Repair
There were two key reasons why MAP Projects was awarded this project. The first was our commitment to deliver the emergency retaining wall by Christmas 2017 (which we achieved), there was just 5 weeks available for the physical work. The second reason was our methodology and price which allowed a traffic lane to remain open at all times, by strategic placement of the 90t Crawler Crane...
NZDF Home Valley Ranges Remediation
This project as Contractor to NZ Defence Force in 2009 comprised the construction of environmental remediation works and range improvements to the NZ Army facilities at Taylors and Mannings Ranges in Waiouru
- Construction of cut to fill earthworks on the Taylors Range over a height range of 35m metres (bottom of stream fill to top of cut). Total volume of earthworks approximately 32,000m3 including 22,000m3 of cut to structural fill 6,500m3 of removal of unsuitable/contaminated material and 3,000m3 of clay bunds and capping.
- Construction of two major 1600mm culverts one 72m long and the second 9...
Mangatepopo Road Carpark
This project for the Department of Conservation in 2009 involved the completion of tabledrain cleanout, gravel supply and placement and construction of drainage tailouts....
The project also included approximately 1500m2 of two coat seal which was completed at the start of the next summer as per the contract.
Mangatepopo Road Upgrade
This project for the Department of Conservation in 2009 involved the completion of tabledrain cleanout, gravel supply and placement and construction of drainage tailouts. The project also included approximately 1500m2 of two coat seal which was completed at the start of the next summer as per the contract.
- Works completed through the winter months and earthworks involved transplanting of plants and soil to ease corners and improve site distances
- Table drain cleanout using grader to carry material forward and the 14t excavator and truck to load out to dump site...
Whalefields Subdivision Ohakune
This project completed in 2008 included the completion of all civil works for the leading subdivision in Ohakune. Works have included drainage, services, earthworks and pavements. oWorks completed through the winter months which required sound planning and progressive covering of the earthworks with pavement layers...
Tuscan Rise Subdivision Kuratau
This project for Ngai Tahu achieved Project Completion in May 2008. The project involved the construction of a 17 lot rural subdivision including all services.
- The site is a typical central plateau pumice country and site roads have been designed to drain via swale drains and soak holes...